I found this wooden cut out in the Art and Craft store and thought it would be fun to make it into a Halloween Decoration. It’s fairly easy to make with minimal supplies and would be a great project to make with kids, supervised of course 😉
- Wooden “Spooky” cut out with hanging wire
- Folkart Crackle Medium
- Acrylic Paint: Red, Black
- Acrylic Paint Pens: Red, White
- Stickles: Xmas Red
- Inkssentials Glossy Accents
- 2 Black glitter pumpkin bell ornaments
- Paint the wooden cut out with gesso. Let dry.
- Paint cut out with red acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Paint cut out with Folkart Crackle Medium. Let dry.
- Paint cut out with black acrylic paint. Note: While this layer dries, the paint will start to crack and you’ll see the red paint underneath show through. Make sure to let this completely dry before moving on.
- Using the white and red acrylic paint pens, outline the letters a little to make them stand out more. Note: If you don’t have the pens, you can also use a liner brush dipped in white and red acrylic paint to make the thin lines.
- Add drops of blood to the letters with the red Stickles. Let dry.
- Using the Glossy Accents, go over the Stickles blood drops. Once dry, this will give the droplets a 3D effect.
- Last, tie on your pumpkin ornaments to the ends where the wires are and that’s it!