I love flamingos, they’re such cool birds to watch. It took some time but I was able to finish my pink flamingo. There are lots of layers and texture in this 6×12″ painting. When I first started, I had no idea that a flamingo would end up here, but there she is. And she is my first 😊
Now I need to give this painting a title. Would love to hear your ideas. The ones I have so far are pretty nerdy 😂 So your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
The photos below are a progression of this painting. I probably should have taken more but I really get into the creation process once I start and don’t always think about the photography part. But I hope she inspires you in some way.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Share the Happy 💖
A few interesting Flamingo facts:
- The word flamingo comes from the Spanish and Latin word flamenco which means fire.
- There are 6 species of flamingos in the world.
- Chicks are born either gray or white and take 3 years to get their beautiful pink colors.
- Chicks are born with a straight bill which curves as they age.
- Adult flamingos hold their bill upside down when eating.
- Flamingo colors range from pink, orange to red.
- Their color comes from the carotene in the food they eat.
- Flamingos can up to 5 feet tall but most are about 3 feet.