Have you ever thought about how color affects how you feel? Many people associate colors with different things like trees, the ocean, flowers or even a cool summer’s breeze which evoke positive emotions and make us feel good. But you can also associate colors with negative things because we create these associations in our mind through our personal life experiences.
Our brain reacts to sensory impressions. Visual impressions make up 80% of that. And that’s a pretty big chunk. So it’s no wonder that color can greatly affect our moods. Studies have shown these are some of the generalities of how colors can make you feel:
- Blue: Calming, Dependable, Peace, Trustworthy, Wisdom
- Green: Growth, Nature, Contentment, Health, New Beginnings
- Red: Love, Power, Confidence, Passion, Excitement, Anger, Danger
- Yellow: Happy, Joy, Spontaneous, Hope, Danger
- Orange: Kindness, Warmth, Enthusiasm
- Pink: Romantic, Soft, Playful
- Purple: Wealth, Glamorous, Mysterious, Creativity
- Black: Sophisticated, Powerful, Serious, Luxurious, Aggressive
- White: Fresh, Clean, Pure, Truth, Simplicity
- Gray: Passive, Low Energy
- Brown: Earthy, Stability, Support
Pay attention to the colors in your environment and how they make feel, especially the clothes you wear. You may be quite surprised and discover new things about yourself!
Hope you enjoyed this post today, thanks for stopping by!!
Share the Happy 💖
“Color was not given to us in order that we imitate nature. It was given to us so that we can express our emotions.” ~Henri Matisse
Sunflower Photo taken by Maria Vidaurre