Pumpkin pie is one of my favorite treats for Thanksgiving but that only comes once a year. So to get into the spirit of Autumn sooner I love making pumpkin smoothies.
When you slowly sip this savory drink bursting with flavors of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg you can’t help but to sit back and take a moment to truly enjoy the season. This recipe is very easy to make and is super delicious! I always try to use organic ingredients when they’re available.
- 1 C Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 Can Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Small Ripe Banana
- 3 Tbsp Organic Rolled Oats
- 2 Organic Pitted Dates
- 1.25 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 heaping tsp Ginger
- 1/8 heaping tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 C Ice
- 1/2 Hass Avocado (optional) *
Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Top with sprinkled cinnamon and enjoy! (Makes about 2 glasses)
* Note: If you prefer a thicker, creamier smoothie the avocados do the trick. They have a mild flavor and give you more of a milkshake consistency. But I would try it first without the avocado because you can always add it later, it should be thick enough without it 🎃 Another trick is to use 2 Tbsp Organic Chia seeds. Soak them overnight in water and add them to your smoothie mix and blend.
Thanks for stopping by!!
Share the Happy 💖