Last week I shared Page 1 of my journal with you. I had a lot of fun making these tiles using coffee as the background. This flower tile is slightly bigger than the other one as it’s a full 3″ square.
I loved creating with Shrinky Dinks when I was a kid. So I found this heart that I had made quite some time ago and thought it went well with the page as I made it part of the quote “True Love Always comes back.”
- Watercolor Paper, 140lb, Cold Press
- Micron Sakura Pen 003
- Assorted Bright Watercolor Pencils
- Coordinating Acrylic Paints
- 1 Cup of Coffee
- Ephemera/Embellishments of your choice
- Posca Pens: White and Black
- Pencil for shading
- Make a cup of really strong dark coffee.
- Cut your watercolor paper to the desired size.
- Using the Coffee, paint your watercolor paper. Let dry.
- Paint the pages in your journal with acrylic paints, let dry.
- Using your watercolor pencils, draw and color in your design. Activate the colors with a little water but try not to over mix the colors. Let dry.
- Using the Sakura Micron 003 Pen outline your design on your tile and glue it to your page.
- Add doodles, embellishments and ephemera to pages.
- Add shading with a pencil and highlights with the Posca pen.
Thanks for stopping by!
Share the Happy!!