The other week I posted Page 1 of this journal spread. For my focal point on the second page I used a tag that I made a while ago and stashed away for later use. I love this tag because it was embossed with a stamp that reads “My heart is at home by the Sea” which really resonates with me.
I made the little turtles using the same stamp as in the tag, colored them, cut them out and glued them into the journal. I wanted a little texture for the turtle shells so I used Inkssentials Glossy Accents.
I had a lot of fun creating this journal layout and hope you will too!
- 9″ x 12″ Journal
- Torn pieces of tissue paper or pages from a book
- Mod Podge or Gel Matte Medium
- Acrylic Paint: Aqua and Royal Blue
- Fiber Paste
- Wave Stencil
- Palette Knife
- Assorted ocean themed stamps
- Staz On Black Ink
- Inkssentials Glossy Accents
- Assorted ephemera and embellishments
- Ranger Distress Ink – Black Soot
- Paint your pages with gesso. Let dry.
- Tear small pieces of paper and glue them to the journal pages with Mod Podge or Gel Matte Medium. Let dry.
- Paint your background in your favorite acrylic paint. Allow the torn pieces of paper to show through the paint a little. Let dry.
- Mix fiber paste with a darker contrasting acrylic paint and apply using a palette knife and wave stencil. Let dry.
- Stamp sea life images to the pages with the Staz On Ink and add ephemera you have that will go with the ocean theme. You can also stamp or draw images, color them with paint, cut them out and glue them to the pages like I did with the little turtles. I also added a little Glossy Accents for more texture.
- Distress the edges with Ranger Black Soot.
- Add your quote.
- Add any shading and highlights where needed. Add a little sparkly glitter and that’s it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Share the Happy!!